Office organised + DYMO giveaway! – now closed
TIME TO GET ORGANISED!
- With less than 3 months until Christmas it’s a great time to assess your office space and get organised, ready for a successful 2013! I have 5 simple steps to getting that office under control. Set yourself a schedule and start now!
- STEP 1 – SORT
- Start by organising one area at a time.
- Sort items into categories keeping ‘like’ items together.
- Remove any items that are damaged, ‘out-of-date’ or no longer in use.
- Is there anything that you want to store, give to charity or sell? Put these items aside.
- STEP 2 – CLEAN
- All the surfaces should be clear and the drawers, shelves and cupboards empty, so a perfect time to clean!
- Get yourself some cleaning products (my favourite is the eco-friendly Planet Luxe range), a sponge, some gloves and a bucket of water.
- Scrub all the surfaces and wipe dry ready for items to be put away.
- STEP 3 – STORE
- Now put all remaining items away.
- Keep ‘like’ items together, e.g. stationery supplies together, printer paper together, etc.
- Store items in logical spots, e.g. supply of printer paper near printer.
- My favourite storage boxes are from kikki.K.
- STEP 4 – FILE
- Now it’s time to file your paperwork. I keep my filing system simple and logical. Your system will depend on what you need to file and what is logical to you. 1. I start by sorting all my current paperwork into categories, e.g. receipts for tax, bills to pay, etc. 2. Next l file my ‘jobs to do’ in my kikki.K step file which sits on my desktop. 3. Once jobs have been actioned l file them into my filing cabinet in alphabetical order and in categories, e.g. tax together, reference together, etc. I love the filing cabinets from cb2.
- STEP 5 – LABEL
- Labelling is key to keeping your office organised. Especially when different employees need to access different files and items. I suggest purchasing a DYMO LabelManager 160 for your office. I love it! You may be lucky enough to WIN one! I also love the DYMO LabelWriter 450 for printing all my address labels. Click here to check out the DYMO Professional range for all your office labelling essentials!
WHAT’S NEXT ON YOUR ‘TO DO’ LIST? Enter the DYMO office labeller giveaway!
- Step 1: Subscribe to my Declutterhome Blog (simply fill in your email address at the top right of this website) and ‘like’ Declutterhome Facebook.
- Step 2: Then fill in the blanks… “I deserve to WIN the DYMO labeller for my office because ____________________ .” (answer in 25 words or less)
- Step 3: Email your answer to email@example.com and include your full name, mailing address and contact phone number.
NOTE: Competition closes on Wednesday the 17th of October at 6pm. The winning answer will be published on Facebook on Friday the 19th of October. 1 entry per person.
Declutterhome, Professional Organiser